The Diploma in Naturopathic Practitioner is a professional training program for people seeking to earn a comprehensive and recognized credential to establish a holistic health practice or to add to an existing health care practice.
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Natural Health Consultant or Coach
- Holistic Health Counselor
Industry Recognition & Credentialing:
- Is approved by the National Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (NANP)
- Meets the education requirements for graduates to sit the Board Certification in Holistic Nutrition exam offered by the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board
Graduates of the Diploma in Holistic Health Practice will be able to:
- Outline the steps to set up a business, including insurance, management, legal issues, ethics, including AHG ethics and ARC requirements, keeping records, listening and observation skills, informed consent, marketing, business planning, nutritional, lifestyle, and wellness counseling
- Locate information from state regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with local and state requirements
- Discuss herbal medicine, aromatherapy, or basic nutrition, their history, and status of current research, including how to locate studies in peer-reviewed journals
- Indicate when to refer individuals to their licensed healthcare provider for diagnosis and treatment
- Discuss and describe the body’s structure and function in a healthy state
- Understand and identify the mechanical and biochemical changes caused by a variety of diseases or imbalances to be able to address system imbalances and provide education that individuals can use to restore wellness
- Educate others about the basics of nutrition and the importance of a healthy diet and lifestyle in the support of long-term health, including how to locate studies in peer-reviewed journals
- Use and understand appropriate medical terminology to facilitate discussion with licensed healthcare providers and facilitate integration into the healthcare system, yet understand the appropriate terminology for use with consumers
- Educate others about appropriate holistic health protocols that can help to rebalance the body and restore wellness, both for general good health and when particular ailments demonstrate an imbalance in the body and lifestyle
- Discuss the safe use of aromatherapy, flower essences, herbal medicine, homeopathy, iridology, or dynamic phytotherapy to support long-term health (based on elective choices)
Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency and recommendation for admission by the ECC Admissions Committee.
Tuition and Fees:
To estimate the program tuition and fees, click on the required course name below for each Total Course Price.
The required course sequence for this program is published in the ECC Program Catalog available to download online here.